There's An Oil for That!

There's An Oil for That!
Young Living

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Digi Shack Blog Hop is TODAY!


Welcome to The Digi Shack's Spring Blog Hop!
Hopefully you HOPPED over to my blog from TAMMY's Blog HERE.

If you stumbled upon my blog and didn't come from Tammy's blog, you need to go to the beginning HERE to join in the fun at The Digi Shack main page.

Remember this blog hop is all about techniques, sketches, color combos, etc and there will be prizes and 2 grand prizes for the "biggest fan". The biggest fan winners will be chosen based on the amount of challenges they participated in. So everyone that participates in at least 5 different challenges will be entered to win ALL of our images.



Today, I am going to challenge you to paper peice your images. Images don't necessary have to be colored in with pencils or markers. They can be printed multiple times on printed papers, embossed, etc. and put together. Not only does this add interest, but it adds dimension to your project!

In this project, I printed the cherries three times on white cardstock. I then printed out the cherries three more times, this time using different cardstock colors. I carefully cut around my cherries and popped them up on pop dots.

The first cherry is EMBOSSED with my Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder.

The second cherry is filled in with Liquid Glass and and crackled.

The third is shimmered with my Shimmerz paint.


What can you do to take your image to the next level? Show us by linking your creation in the comments section of this post. If you particpate in my challenge, you just might win a free digi!



17 comments:

Kharlie Bug said...

I love polka dot cherries! How fun!

Marlene said...

Awesomeness!!!! Great challenge.

Lelia Pierce said...

Very cool! I love the way you did them all differently on one card. :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card, Tricia!! I have never really paper pieced before so I may have to give this a try!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Great card and I love the 3 different effects on the cherries! Fun challenge too!

~Jeri~ said...

what a great card! love the border punch!!

Laurie Unger said...

Wowee! great challenge! love your card!

Christina said...

What a great way to show ways of using a digi image!! Fantastic!!

stuffie said...

love how you chose to do all the cherries different!!! Kewlness!

Deanne Clarke said...

Cute card! I love paper piecing!!!

Amy said...

Love the sentiment! Beautiful card!!

Christy Dillman said...

I am loving this card lady, fantastic!

Hugs,
Christy

Unknown said...

Love your card and your challenge it so cool. I never thought of printing them out on colored paper. Thanks for the info!!

TFS too!!

Hugs!

cr8iveme said...

what a yummy card.

{hugs}
Mary

Jana M. said...

Your card is stunning! Love it!

Queen La Rubba said...

These cherries are a blast! I love the three cherries all done differntly on the same card! Nice challenge! I'll be back! Love your blog and your work is Fabulous and Fun! I am follow'n you along and would love for you to hop on over and follow along with me too! While you are there, enter my candy give away!
HUGS!
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Bobbi said...

Very cute card, love the edge punches too.